Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello Again

Life goes by crazy fast and before you know it 2 years have past since my last post. Recently I have had several people ask me about my blog so I revisited it. Yesterday I sat down and reread all my past posts and I enjoyed reading about things that happened that I barely remember and I laughed at myself. If nothing else, I need to keep this up so I can look back at life.

So much has happened in that last 2 years. Let me summarize: Madi is now 3, Ben is 2. We bought a new house. I am expecting twins in about 5 weeks. Yes, you read that right, twins. Twin girls. 2 of them. As in "A" and "B" not one but two. Going from 2 to 4 kids in a single day. Doubling the offspring.

Pic by Katie Trimble 
It's interesting what happens when you are pregnant with twins. The weird things people say to you while pregnant get weirder. The strange things that happen to your body get stranger. The ridiculous way you think gets even more ridiculous.

Weird things people say: Let me address a few of the weird things that have been said to me after people find out I'm expecting twins. (Warning: I've turned to sarcasm this late in the pregnancy)

  • "What are you going to do?" Obvious answer: Sell one. We will see who is cutest and get rid of the other one. 
  • "How will you pay for college?" Again Obvious answer: Only 2 of them get to go. We will see who is the smartest and pay for them. 
  • "You don't look like you have twins in there" Oh good! I knew those doctors were crazy. Good thing you are here to set me straight.
  • "What do you need for the twins?" Honestly and truthfully I have no idea. What DO I need? At this point I have 2 car seats and my boobs. So at least we will get home from the hospital.
I know all of these comments have good intentions behind them. Please don't get me wrong, I love to talk about my twins and my pregnancy.  I just don't always know what to say. My ability to answer questions is about as good at my son's. Mostly I just grunt and point.

Strange things that happen to your body: If you really want to know, we can set up a coffee date and I will go into as much detail as you want.

Ridiculous way I think: The pressure of naming one baby has now doubled. What if I name them the wrong name and they should have had each other's names? What if I mix them up? What if someone else mixes them up while I am not there then they are off their whole lives? What if one is cute and one is ugly (despite my earlier comment I want them both!). What if people tell them apart by "the one with that weird thing on her face" and "the one that walks funny?" What if I can never think straight again? 

Despite all the weird, strange and ridiculous things that have happened since discovering I will be a mom of 4, I also have a strange feeling of peace. I know God will take care of me. My standards will again have to decrease but my life will be full of joy, the joy only young children can bring. So I am thankful and I say bring on the weird, strange and ridiculous. It keeps life interesting.


1 comment: